Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2015

Total Eclipse of the Moon!

We all know how I love to watch the sunrise, sunset and the Oklahoma sky.
I mean, goodness, most of my Wordless Wednesday posts have some sort of sky photo in them.
I have even posted about a former eclipse.

Since the passing of My Daddy, I have become infatuated with all things above me.
I find myself always looking up.
Rarely do I look down.
I think it may be the words My Daddy told me when he left me.
"Head up, shoulders back and keep moving forward."

Two weeks, or so, ago my BFF made a social media post about a "Blood Moon" eclipse happening on April 4, 2015.
THAT IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!
We made plans to bring in my birthday by watching the eclipse.

Flower Boy researched the time it was to start and made sure to have me awake.
That isn't an easy thing to do.
A Rancher Girl has to have her sleep!
 
The big girl camera battery was charged.

Reports were those in Northern America may not have the best views of the "Blood Moon".
None the less, we would be able to see the eclipse.
That's all that mattered to me.
I do have a man in the moon, you know!

Here are a few shots from the early morning start of my birthday and what I considered to be a gift!























Just as Flower Boy had researched, the sun came up and it was too light to see the "Blood Moon".

It was a great start to a wonderful day!
I hope you enjoy the photos, as much as we enjoyed taking them and watching the eclipse.

It has been a busy time for me.
I have failed to blog much over these past few weeks.
I do hope to change that.
I have so much to tell you!
Maybe I will catch you all up on our happenings next week.

Thanks for stopping by!
XOXO
Rancher Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment