Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Texture Tuesday ~ Gettin A Lil Crafty

This Friday is our church bazaar.
All the women, in our church, bring baked goods, crafts and goodie baskets.
Items are sold, as well as, a meal served.
The proceeds go towards the Oklahoma Regional Food Bank, to help with The Food For Kids Backpack Program.

I have decided to do something a bit different this year.
I know many are expecting my famous apple butter or peach and sand plum jellies,
BUT
I have persuaded Flower Boy's help
AND
WE are making wire crosses!

We have a few different ones complete.

Flower Boy cut the wire and assembled the over all cross.


 Funny how the living room coffee table has been turned into a craft table.

I embellished the crosses.
I didn't take photos.
Just another Rancher Girl fail.

Flower Boy is doing some final touches.

The finished products


Pretty darn Ranchey for the first Rancher Girl Designs pieces.
Don't you think?

There are a few more designs in the works.
We hope to have at least 5 or 6 complete for the bazaar.

They are made from Charlie Horse's fence wire.
When the cattle working pen was complete,
Charlie Horse's fence came down along one side of the pens.

You know me!
I can't let something go to waste or be disposed of.
I think these crosses are a great repurpose project, of that wire.
Wouldn't you agree?

Many other items will be for sale at the bazaar.
Here are a few items listed.






I have put together two hot tea baskets.

A hot chocolate basket.

 AND
An espresso coffee basket.
All that is left to do is add the espresso packets.

If you are local and are in town Friday,
Stop By!
We would love to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment