Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

New Beginnings

With each sunrise, we see a new beginning.
Have you ever thought about the BIGGER New Beginnings?

As many of you know, last week I hit a deer while driving 65mph and totaled my car.
I walked away unharmed, with only a small bruise on my left hand.
The deer and my car not so much.
The safety features on my car kept me from being injured.
The airbag deployed, the seat belt locked up and the breaks did their job.
I saw the deer jump the fence line, only allowing me enough time to lift my foot from the gas peddle and check my mirrors, before hitting the deer.

This turn of events got me to thinking.
God has granted me a complete New Beginning!

You see, several years ago, I was in a very dark and dangerous marriage.
I reminded myself often, during that marriage, my big boy told me entering into it was not a good idea.
I was taken a fool and went against everything my therapy had taught me.

I sold the home my boys were raised in and purchased the property we live today.
I have no regret in doing this.
It was close to My Daddy and I was back in my old stomping grounds.
I LOVE LIFE THERE!
It is HOME, now.

Within 10 days of My Daddy's death, Drewman and I came home to find this very dark and dangerous person had removed himself from our lives.
I took that Friday as a Blessing from God and the start of a New Beginning.
Drewman and I NEVER looked back!
We kept our heads up, shoulders back and continued to face the sun.
Flower Boy re-entered our lives shortly after.

Flower Boy and I had a relationship in our past.
I knew way back then I was in love with this man.
Flower Boy had just returned from Iraq.
The time, then, for Flower Boy and I, wasn't the right time.
We both went in different directions and had no interaction, until a fellow police officer contacted Flower Boy after the very dark and dangerous person had left our lives.
Flower Boy called me
AND
We began our New Beginning!
 
Well...
Drewman says it best in his college application essay.
"Our last house wasn’t very much of a home with all the past memories, this new home is a fresh start in a “pasture never plowed”. Our home describes us. Through the last year our family has grown in our faith in god, and faith in each other."

God has granted us another New Beginning!
Our beautiful new home!

My car, the one I wrecked last week, was the final tie that bound me to that deep dark dangerous past.
I purchased that car while in that marriage.
That poor little deer took that away, with Gods help!

As for a new car...
I'm livin on the Edge, my friends!
  
 Here's to New Beginnings!
Rancher Girl

4 comments:

  1. Closing time .... Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. :-) I'm glad that things are finally working out well for you. You deserve it my friend! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Dear Friend!
      Who would have thought after all the two of us have been through, we would be where we are today.
      So happy for you and you push to move forward towards your goals and dreams!
      Love you too!

      Delete
  2. Here is to new beginnings indeed! So glad you walked away safe. I had to check you out from Theresa's blog when she referenced you as Rancher Girl. I am one of those too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy,
      Thanks for stopping by! I am fairly new to the blogging world, so it's always nice to have a fellow blogger pay us a visit! The fellow Rancher Girl is a bonus!
      Have a GR8 Day!

      Delete