Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Eat Your Veggies!

A few weeks ago we were asked by Emily at Confessions of a Farm Wife to help with a Bayer Eat Your Veggies Campaign.
I am all about helping a fellow blogger out or helping anyone out, for that matter.

I didn't hesitate in saying "Yes, I'm In!"
Then I got to thinking....
I don't have a green thumb.
Telling myself,
"You talk about planting and Flower Boy reminds you "It will only die."
That is when I called upon My Sissy!

My Sissy and Her Hubby have an thriving little Hobby Farm!
They are all about sustainability, organic and doing things the natural way.
I have stated before, I keep trying to get My Sissy to start a blog.
To no avail, I will feature them throughout the Eat Your Veggies Campaign.

Over at MOOdy Acres, YoYoYoMoo (that's my sissy) and Mr. Moo have a huge garden.
YoYoYoMoo reports;
"This year we planted radishes, kale, spinach, lettuce, turnips,  onions, sugar snap peas, okra, 13 tomato plants, 18 pepper plants of different varieties, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe, oats, thyme, basil, rosemary,  and lavender plants (for the bees).  We have strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries that come back every year.
We really do go to the garden each day and pick things for our breakfast and dinner.  We don't spray anything on our plants that isn't organic.   We don't think we want to undo all of our hard work with a bunch of chemicals.  It makes my work a lot harder because I spend a lot of time squashing bugs by hand! Especially squash bugs- they are the worst!
We share with our family and friends and put up a lot for use in the winter.  Don't forget the eggs! We love our chickens too!"

Shortly after I contacted her, the photos started flowing into my inbox!

An afternoon harvest.

Breakfast blend

Radish anyone?

Tomato Plants

Asparagus 

Cherry Tomato

Blueberries

Lettuce

Turnip Greens/Turnips and Onions

Bees!
 Mr. MOO loves his bees!

Blackberries

Pepper Plants

Squash

Basil

Oats

I can't wait to tell you about all the amazing things My Sissy and Her Hubby do with their veggies.
They combine them with their other products to make some pretty tasty treats and meals.

Stay tuned!
Until next week's update on MOOdy Acres,
EAT YOUR VEGGIES!

XOXO,
Rancher Girl

PS:  A few other blogs that are linking up with #Bayer4CropsUS #EatYourVeggies Campaign are:
Along with my good friend and fellow blogger Theresa at A Change Of Pace
Click over and check them out! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment