Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mornings on the Beach! #fitspadre2014

This post started out as a Wordless Wednesday post, but I couldn't do it!
There is too much about my mornings on the beach, I have to tell you.
 
There are the sunrises.
OH MY GOODNESS!
 
If you follow this blog you know how important every sunrise is to me.
If you don't, then read this and this.
 
My alarm goes off at 6:30am every morning.
I have been getting up, brushing my teeth, putting on my clothes and glasses and walking out the door.
ALL within 5 minutes.
I don't even take the time to put in my contacts.
 
Every morning this week,
I have just missed the sunrise!
 
This morning, I got up a little earlier and raced to the beach!
Have you ever tried to run in flip flops?
Barefoot is much easier!
 
As I hit the stairs headed off the boardwalk,
THIS IS WHAT I SAW! 
 I ran even faster towards the water!
 
I just wanted my feet to feel the cool soothing sensation of the moment.
I threw my flip flops on the sand and stood there, phone in the air, watching, clicking, focusing and praying.
 
Funny thing...
That very second, Flower Boy sent me this
"I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
 
It amazes me how many times he and I can be apart and share the same thoughts.
 
Below is the remainder of the South Padre Beach Sunrise.

 
For the past two mornings, while at the beach, I have picked up one single shell.
Out of all the shells on the beach, there is always a shell that speaks to me.
 The first morning here, I walked past what I thought was a sand dollar.
I kept walking and it bothered me all day.
That small little voice inside me kept saying,
"That sand dollar was a gift to you. You should have picked it up."
 
 This morning, I picked up this heart shaped shell piece.
I have a thing for hearts!
 
I also spent some time with a gentleman who is vacationing here.
He noticed the #fitspadre2014 group doing praise and worship and quiet time on the beach.
He stopped me, stated he had seen me each morning, with the group of young adults, and wanted to know what we were doing and if ALL were welcome to join.
 
I chuckled and smiled.
"Well Of Course!"
 
I did notice several folks stopping as they walked past the group during sunrise service.
Most were older couples, a few singles and parents with small children.
ALL stopped and listened.
One couple stepped closer and closer towards the group.
 
While Drewman and I were in opening session Praise and Worship, we were singing
"You are holy, great and mighty."
I broke out into tears.
I have always loved that song!
It is a song I can relate to.
 
"You are holy, great and mighty.
The moon and the stars declare who you are.
I'm so unworthy but still You love me.
Forever my heart will sing of how great You are."
 
And there you have it!
God in all His glory!
Casting His crown every morning for us!
 
XOXO,
Rancher Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment